trainee production chef
READ AND UNDERSTAND TERMS OF OUR EMPLOYMENT HERE BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Details of Occupational Profile
Production Chefs work as part of a team in time-bound and often challenging food production / manufacturing environment. They report to the Senior Production Chef. Production chefs will work with centrally developed standardised recipes and menus, producing food in high volumes. They apply highly methodical organisational skills, energy, accuracy, attention to detail and are mindful of the importance of sustainability and protecting the environment. Has no less than six years working experience in the field.
Production Chefs:Conditions of Employment
- maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes.
- produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- use specialist kitchen equipment
- communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- commit to personal development activities
- Techniques for the preparation, assembly, cooking, regeneration and presentation of food.
- The importance of organisational/brand specifications and consistency in food production.
- How to check fresh, frozen and ambient foods are fit for purpose.
- Procedures for the safe handling and use of tools and equipment.
- The importance of following correct setting up and closing down procedures.
- Specific standards and operating procedures for organisations.
- Check, prepare, assemble, cook, regenerate, hold and present food meeting the needs of the customers and maintaining organisational standards and procedures.
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly to produce consistently high quality dishes according to specifications.
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness, organisation and smooth running of the work area.
- Key nutrient groups, their function and main food sources.
- The scope and methods of adapting dishes to meet the specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs of individuals.
- Produce dishes to suit individuals’ specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs as required.
Legal and governance
- Allergens and the legal requirements regarding them.
- Relevant industry specific regulations, legislation, and procedures regarding food safety, HACCP, health and safety appropriate to organisations.
- The importance of following legislation and the completion of legal documentation.
- Operate within all regulations, legislation and procedural requirements.
- Complete and maintain documentation to meet current legislative guidelines.
- How to communicate with colleagues, line managers and customers effectively.
- Principles of customer service and how individuals impact customer experience.
- How and why to support team members in own area and across organisations.
- Use effective methods of communication with all colleagues, managers and customers to promote a positive image of yourself and the organisation.
- Work in a fair and empathetic manner to support team members while offering a quality provision.
- Work to ensure customer expectations are met.
Business / Commercial
- The role of the individual in upholding organisations’ vision, values, objectives and reputation.
- The financial impact of portion and waste control
- How technology can support food production organisations.
- The importance of sustainability and working to protect the environment.
- Work collaboratively to uphold the vision, values and objectives of the organisation.
- Use technology appropriately.
- Maintain quality and consistency in food production by using resources in line with organisations’ financial constraints, style, specifications and ethos.
Personal Development and Performance
- How personal development and performance contributes to the success of the individual, team and organisation.
- How to identify personal goals and development opportunities and the support and resources available to achieve these.
- Different learning styles.
- Identify own learning style, personal development needs and opportunities and take action to meet those needs.
- Use feedback positively to improve performance.
Behaviours (live it!)
- Lead by example working conscientiously and accurately at all times.
- Be diligent in safe and hygienic working practises.
- Take ownership of the impact of personal behaviours and communication by a consistent, professional approach.
- Advocate equality and respect working positively with colleagues, managers and customers.
- Actively promote self and the industry in a positive, professional manner.
- Challenge personal methods of working and actively implement improvements.
Remuneration is based on sales only. If what we do, do not impact sales, then we do not have a reason to exist. Total wages < = 15% sales.
Prospective candidates to provide a resume, certified true full set of credentials from general certificate qualitications onwards, and valid work references to be eligible for the selection process. Apply with your particulars online here.